CRM-Map callbacks let you setup custom HTTP web-hooks. Allowing you to extend CRM-Map even further. Coupled with the CRM-Map API there is no limitation to the functionally you can add to CRM-Map.
Webhooks are “user-defined HTTP callbacks”. They are usually triggered by some event, such as pushing code to a repository or a comment being posted to a blog. When that event occurs, the source site makes an HTTP request to the URL configured for the webhook. Users can configure them to cause events on one site to invoke behaviour on another. The action taken may be anything.
Setting up Callbacks
An easy way to see what the data that CRM-Map returns for your setup via the Callback function, is to use the the service waithook.com. There is no need to write any code, or deploy any servers. (Note: waithook.com is a development tool and should not be relied on for your final CRM-Map solution)
- Go to the url http://waithook.com/
- At the bottom of the page, in the Path Prefix field take note of what is there, or supply your own.
For this setup we will use crmmap2018
- Press the Subscribe button
In the output window you will see the URL that is waiting to receive requests.
You will use this URL next in the CRM-Map Setup.
- Log in to CRM-Map if you are not already.
- Go to the Callback page
- Fill out the “New Callback” from as below
Can selected which messages your required to be send to the web-hook.
- After making changes in CRM-Map you will be able to see the responses at http://waithook.com/?path=crmmap2018
You can see the JSON Data in the body of the output.
Now you can replace the Callback URL with the endpoint to your own solution. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or are unsure how get CRM-Map to complete your company’s solution.