This Article will guide you through setting up a link with Accede Maps and Zapier which can then used to link your map with over 3,000 other products available on Zapier. This link can be used for several different functions including automatically creating new pins or generating emails. If you are unsure whether Zapier is appropriate for you please see the following video.
To create a link please take the following steps.
1. Go to Zapier and sign up for a free account. You can do this by clicking the ‘Signup’ button found in the top right corner of Zapier’s home screen.
2. Once you have created an account close your browser and open this link.
3. After clicking the link, you will be brought to a new page on Zapier which will likely ask for you to login in again. As you already created an account there should be a button the right side of the screen which allows you to log straight back in by entering your password.
4. Once you have relogged in, you will be presented with a new page inviting you to use Accede Maps on Zapier. Click the orange button at the bottom of the screen to ‘Accept Invite & Build a Zap’.
5. After accepting the invite one of two things will happen. One, you will be brought into the Zapier application specifically your ‘My Zaps’ page, if this happened continue to next step. Alternatively, you will be presented with a broken link or error page, in this situation simply close the page, go back to Zapier, and log in if required. At this point you should be able to continue to the next step.
6. Once you are inside your ‘My Zaps’ page you want to create a new Zap by clicking on the ‘Make a Zap!’ button found in the top right corner. This will bring you the a new ‘Zap creator page’.
7. At this point, the steps to complete your integration are going to vary depending on how your map has been setup, what application you want to link your map into, as well as whether you want to import or export data from your map. If you have never used Zapier before it is now recommend you watch this short video to learn the basic’s of creating a Zap. The next steps will guide you through the unique aspects of using Accede Maps with Zapier.
8. Once you are comfortable with Zapier and have decided to use Accede Maps as either the ‘trigger’ or the ‘action’ you will be brought to a section on the creator asking whether you want to deal with contacts, items, or transactions. This will depend on how you have setup your map. It helps to know that transactions refer to pins on your map and the data associated with them whilst contacts refer to details associated with an address.
9. Once you have selected which part you want to deal with, Zapier will ask you to select the map that you are trying to link to. If you have linked your map with Zapier in the past, simply select the map you wish to link to and continue to step 12, otherwise click the ‘connect an Account’ button in the bottom left corner of the display.
10. After clicking to connect an account, a new web page will open asking for a domain and API Key. The domain should already be filled with maps.crm-map.com if its blank just copy and paste this line in. You will also need to copy in your API Key for Accede Maps. If you do not know where you find your API Key please read our Accessing Your API Key support article. Once located, copy and paste your API Key into the required field.
11. After clicking continue the popup will close and you will be taken back to your ‘Zap Creator’ page. You will see a map has been added and selected from your list of linked maps. Click ‘Continue’.
12. You will now be brought to a ‘template’ page which asks you to link the fields in your map with the fields in your other application. To link these fields simply click on the small box at the right side of each field.
13. This will bring up a list of all the fields in your other system. Which fields need to link is something that will vary based on your setup, you may wish to communicate with your technical support or whoever setup your other application for guidance.
NOTE: If you are using the transaction or contact table you will need to provide an address. These fields are optional but one must be filled for the system to work.